Friday 2 March 2012

Meet the Authors!

 Meet the Authors!

This blog is dedicated to all of our quilt and crafting adventures.

I have been sewing since I was a little girl.  I would start with simple projects such as neck warmers (for the cold winters in Canada), outfits for my dolls, as well as clothing for myself.  I always told myself that I would never turn into my mother and start quilting... well guess what... I love quilting! Which isn't a surprise because I am a lot like my mother (scary thought). 

My mom also started sewing at an early age by making barbie clothes (one of the tiniest and most difficult things to do).  She has been quilting for over 30 years now and for 6 of those years she has operated her own long arm quilting business. 

We both have different tastes when it comes to quilts... I love retro and classy country.  My quilts tend to have simpler, modern designs.  My mother on the other hand prefers to use reproduction fabrics, scrappy quilts, and reproduces antique quilts.  Needless to say I turn my nose up at some of these designs but we have a great time with our "friendly banter".

One thing we share in common is our love for baby quilts.  We have started a collection of both baby boy and baby girl quilts so we are prepared when a loved one delivers.  Sadly I get attached to a few, some, ok ok... a lot of them and end up putting them in my hope chest. 

I hope you enjoy reading about both of our adventures with our quilts on this blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment